Each Monday on my Facebook Page I share a Simple Card With A Fun Technique.
I love creating simple cards with fun techniques. It is an easy way to dive into your crafty time and feel productive right away.
The 5 Fun Techniques I like To Use:
- Case A Card – Pick a card from either a catalog, or even from Pinterest and CASE IT. Copy And Share Everything, or Copy And Selective Edit Everything.
- Follow A Sketch – There are so many different sketches on Pinterest. Pick one and either use it as a jumping off point, or follow it.
- Use A Color Combo – You can search Pinterest for some amazing color combo. Simple search “Color Combo” or even “Summer Color Combo”. Once you start searching these tons of ideas will come up.
- Focus On Designer Paper – I’m a sucker for Pattern Paper. I love it so much, and this technique let’s the focus be on the beautiful patterns.
- Monochromatic Card Design – Another favorite is the Monochromatic effect. Simple pick the same shades to create a monochromatic look.
Casing a card is not only simple, it can also help you learn what you like and what you don’t like.
This is the card in the catalog I cased, and you will notice right away that I didn’t use the same stamp set, or the same shapes.
I also didn’t use ribbon, or twine. Instead I used a little bit of the Be Dazzling SALE-A-BRATION paper.
You can catch the replay below. The card in the video will use a different sentiment that I ended up liking better. I also found that it fit a little bit better on the circle.
The easiest way to practice your coloring skills is find an image that you like to color, or at least that you don’t mind.
For me pumpkins are perfect for coloring. I never feel like any pumpkin I have ever colored has ever turned out bad. Not because I’m great at coloring but because they are easy to color.
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I took a card I liked in the catalog and made it my own.
I’ve included a PDF for you of this card with details of the measurements, and supplies.
You can purchase any of the supplies I used in today’s project in my online store HERE, or by clicking on the photos below.
For every $50 you spend this month you get a FREE SALE-A-BRATION item of your choice.
This has already been a busy week, and I still have so much to share with you.
Make sure you are following me over on Facebook, and YouTube to catch all the fun things that are happening.