Because that’s how we roll!!!! – What’s your obsession – BLOG CANDY

Hi Everyone,
It occured to me today that Tina and I are obsessive about things… LOL… well I’ve known that a while but let me explain.
Sunday Night we are scrapbooking together on Skype – she shows me this SUPER SUPER cute card she did that is the “S” shape cards.  You take a normal size card and fold the top half back half way and it gives a really cool dimension to the card.
Anyway, she made a bunch of them.  One for my daughters bday, a holiday one, and invitations for her hubby’s bday.  So I decide I think they are adorable and I decide I need to make one….
So we get on these kicks where we try something new and for like a week we just make whatever it is in every way imagineable.
So here are the cards we’ve made!
We want to know what your newest obsession is… post a comment on this post and when we hit 15 comments we will give away some fun BLOG CANDY!
So here’s mine:
This is from Lifes A Beach cartridge.  It could be a cut Luau invitation or it could be a cute Happy Birthday card!  Jus depends on what you want to do.
I love this Lady Bug, she’s from Create A Critter.  The inside says: “Happy Birthday for a very special Little Lady!”
This is my favorite. On the inside it says “Congratulations on the newest member of your flock!”
Hi Everyone – Tina here!
 Here are some of the cards I made. All these cards are standard A2 cards – 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
The snowman card I DID NOT DESIGN – I saw this card on Youtube. Anyone out there know Cardz with Mary? She is awesome. We are hoping to feature her blog on tomorrows Website Wednesday Post!
Snowman card – Not my Design
Recipe:
Standard Card Size
Paper by Debbie Mumm (Bought at Joann’s)
I  used Tags, bags, boxes and More fore the Tag and its cute at 2 inches
I used Strentch your imagination for the snowman and it is cute at 2 inches as well.
I used my cuttlebug – Folder Snowflakes
I then just added some Ribbon, Goggly Eyes,
Doggie Card – My design!
Recipe:
Paper – DCWV
I used Doodlecharm when I think I’m going to have to get alot more. It has some very cute items on it that I had forgot about.
That Card is for Macie, Wendy’s Daughter! Her Birthday was last week and I’m a little late on the card!
Hamburger Card – My Design
Recipe:
Paper – Plain Solid Dark blue, Textured light blue
I used Block Party (Lite Cartridge)
I cuttlebuged the Dark blue and light blue paper with the numers folder
I cut the Hamberger at 4 inches
Cuttlebuged the bun with the folder that small dots
I used green and red for the inside of the hamburger
I used Orange Peel stickles on a few of the dots on the bun, I outlined it Yellow Stickles. Used Red and Eucalyptus Stickles also.
I then used my favorite stickles Star Dust on some of the embossed numbers inside the card.
The inside says: “The Grill is Hot, The Drinks are Cold come join us to celeberate Esau’s Birthday”
I also found out that Eucalyptus Stickles pairs nicely with one of Wendy’s and mind farvorite soild papers – Petty Cash!
So those are the cards that I did! They were alot of fun and as Wendy mentioned we get obsessed with something and go crazy with it… I’m already thinking of some other ways to use this design for cards and will be playing around with it as soon as I can find time to get back in my room!
Thanks everyone,

, , ,

10 Responses to Because that’s how we roll!!!! – What’s your obsession – BLOG CANDY

1. Flamenco92627 September 13, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

Those are so cute! My current obsession is stamping. I thought my Cricut would be sufficient to get me back in the swing of scrapbooks and cards, but the more I see the awesome stamps people are using, the more I want want want! I just bought 12 rubber stamp dies at a rubber stamp and paper craft festival yesterday.

2. scrapguy September 13, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

i have to say my new obsession is micro glass beads from Michaels–1.99 for a two pack that seems to last forever—i think I have used them on half of my recent projects. Second obession that has hit recently is Halloween paper!! I have so much of it I will not need to purchase any for years to come–(yeah right)
    Scrapguy

3. Brenda September 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

Awesome cards. I've been making a few today and hopefully they will be up on my blog tomorrow. My current obsession??? Halloween items. I've never really done a lot with halloween but I've gotten a lot of inspiration from way too many blogs lately. My house will for sure be decorated this year and maybe some friends' also. Hehehe

4. Shawnee September 14, 2010 at 1:33 am #

Very cute cards. I love Doodlecharms as well. I just started using it and it has some really cute images.

5. ScrappinT September 14, 2010 at 1:46 pm #

All of the cards are just too flippin' cute!!! You both are going to have to explain skype (did I spell it right??) thing that you two do! Sounds like a lot of fun and a way to scrap with someone who want to scrap with but can't because of the distant.

6. Two Chics & a Cricut September 14, 2010 at 5:27 pm #

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all your great comments and sharing with us your obessions. We have to be careful because we might steal some of those obessions for our own!

Scrappin T – Skype is AWESOME. Its a free download. So you just go to http://www.skype.com and download the free version.
    Then you get a webcam (they run any where between $20.00 and $50.00) Your webcam will come with a microphone built in.
    Plug it in and now you call anyone with a webcam and like Wendy and I we just sit and scrapbook together.
    Maybe someday Wendy and I will have a skype scrapbooking party!

7. Marleen September 14, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

Super Cute cards —- love them all. I've been going crazy with halloween carts. LOVE THEM!!!!

8. Laura September 16, 2010 at 8:46 pm #

Cute cards! I have to say I have become obsessed with making cards. My favorite card to make is the Tri-fold, trust me it is much easier to make then you think and it gives such a fun dimension to your cards….just love it!

My other new obsession is the button punch from Martha Stewart. Wendy got me turned out to this cute punch and I can’t get enough of it…..wonder if it will look weird if every scrapbook page I do has these buttons on it 🙂

9. *~Danielle~* September 16, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

Viva Decor Glass Effect Gel!!! Thanks to Megan at Above Rubies Studio (Club Ruby) These cards are adorable, I am definaly going to give them a try!

10. Lolliscraps October 1, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

Awesome cards! I don't really have an obsession right now. Ok, maybe inks. But I am totally random and jump from one thing to another constantly.